Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Double Trouble by Victoree Norris

Last week I had an Asama attack from playing too hard in P.E.  The day I had an Asama attack was October 24th.  Later that night I was sleeping in my sisters room and I was wheezing the whole night.  My mom found out about my attack when my sister woke up.

After awhile my mom had pressed three numbers:  9 1 1.  The doctors arrived moments later.  The first thing they did was introduce themselves.  The first doctor was Joe, the other two were Damion and Selena.  The second thing Joe did was to put a mask over my face (there was a lot of steam coming out.)  After Selena took the mask off, Damion picked me up and took me to the ambulance truck.   My mom was in the truck with me.  I thought Kameron, my brother and Kimaya, my sister were going with me, but they didn't get to because there age wasn't over eighteen.

We got to the hospital at around 3:30 in the morning.  I was in room five and got to watch TV.  After a while I turned off the TV.  I got a little sleepy so I went to sleep.

An hour later I woke up and my mom was crying because I was getting my shot.  After I got my shot, my arm was burning.  The doctor said since I did a good job, I could go to another room.  That room was 3631.  In that room I got to drink Sprite, smoothies, water and lots of other stuff.  I didn't get to eat because my lungs weren't fully charged.

My dad came to see me and my aunties, uncles, grandmas, grandpas, cousins, my sister and my brother did too.  My sister came in with candy about an hour after I got my shot.

I couldn't sleep through the whole night, so the next morning I was tired and my eyes weren't fully opened .   I couldn't tell who was coming through the door.  I could hear and as soon as I heard Maya's (my sister) voice I knew who it was.

Later on that day I saw a lot of doctors coming in.  I knew there was something scary going on.  I saw medicine , needles and other things that the doctors would use.  So I got my second shot, but I had to scream very loud because it hurt so bad.  The doctor said, "No more shots."  I believed her because she was the best doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment