Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Twelve Years To Kindergarten?

The summer of 2001 I interviewed at every Kindergarten position that Portland Public Schools had open- without one job offer.  
I was disappointed. 

I had gone into education to be a Kindergarten Teacher.  I had my Field Endorsement in Early Childhood and had worked at the Nike Child Development Center after finishing my (Kindergarten) student teaching. 

I was lucky enough to be hired late in August of 2001 to teach a 4-5 Blend at James John School. 
I say lucky, because although it wasn't my "ideal" grade level, it turned out to be the ideal school.  I loved working with 3rd 4th and 5th Graders more than I ever thought anyone could.

After twelve years I am still just as excited as I was the first day I started here at James John.  I am very happy to be a Kindergarten Teacher and I am grateful that it took me only twelve years to do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment