Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Keeping Fit With Mr. Barnes

by Taylor Wassmuth

Mr. Barnes has been at our school for a long time.  He has been teaching P.E. since I was in Kindergarten.  He's probably the best P.E. teacher the school has ever had.  I got a chance to interview him.  Here's what he said:

Did you enjoy school when you were a kid?
  "I enjoyed most of school, but I liked playing at home more.  Recess and P.E. were my favorite."

What was your favorite subject in school?
  "I (of course) loved P.E, but I really enjoyed math and would like to teach High School Math someday."

Did you ever want to quite school?
  "At first I thought going through High School would be enough, but soon realized, that to get a good job, I would have to go to college.  Which I ended up really enjoying."

Have you every wanted to be anything instead of a P.E. Teacher?
  "I started into college wanting to be a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) but I got bored."

Why do you like being a gym teacher.(And you can't say the summers off.)

 "I do like the summers off, but I like that I get to play games with kids every day that I loved playing as a kid. What could be better than that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment